Friday, November 11, 2011

Let me clear the air

I received a comment tonight basically saying that I am contradicting myself and that I think women are only beautiful if they fit societies expectations on how a woman should look to be beautiful..WRONG.

I think everyone is beautiful, all women and men of all shapes and sizes. You don't have to be a size 0 to be beautiful you can be a size 18 and be gorgeous! Although, I may think you are beautiful and you may look in the mirror and hate everything about yourself..be in that self loathing state. A lot of us have been there. I have people tell me I am beautiful every single day but you know what? I don't feel it and that is all that matters. The entire reason why I am here is to track my weight loss and the changes I can make within my self and also on the outside of myself, but more importantly a lot of women are scared to step up and talk. Scared what people may think of them if they speak out but that's okay there is nothing wrong with that. That's why I do this, I want to touch the women that don't feel beautiful on the outside and want to fix it, the women that need support and don't know where to go to find it. Do I think that if you are completely obese and you sit on the couch and are killing yourself that I should praise you? No but I will pray for you that someday you find the strength to change yourself for the better, for health and for you to feel beautiful so you can be happy inside. I will continue to praise the women out there that realize they are overweight or obese and they want to change. There is nothing contradictory about my blog, I think societies way of pushing size 0's down everyones throat until they believe that's what they need to be to become beautiful is sick. If you are a size 18 and you want to be a size 12 I praise you! Is a size 12 societies expectations of what a female body looks like? Hell no! but you know what it makes YOU feel beautiful to be a size 12 and that is all that matters!!

Set a goal for yourself to where YOU feel beautiful and comfortable in your own skin and do it! You can and I will help you. Everyone is beautiful the way that they are but they need to believe it themselves for it to matter. Good luck on your journey's everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment