Wednesday, November 30, 2011

I can't feel my body

Finally hitting the gym and it makes it so much easier to go when I have someone to go with! Katie and I tried Sculpting/BOSU fitness last night at a 6pm class. Classes are one hour long but that one felt like four. The instructor was nice but she kicked our butts, the reps consisted of:

20 Squats
15 Sit Ups
20 Running Lunges (SO HARD)
10 Push ups

Doesn't seem like a lot does it? Well do all three in that order as fast as you can as many times as you can it 2 minutes and 30 seconds, especially while keeping up with the women that beast it at the gym. HARD! Some of the other work outs we did in the class require a lot of core fitness which while at this class I discovered I have slim to none, which made it extremely hard to keep up let alone finish the exercises. On top of that I'm pretty sure I need to see a doctor about my acid indigestion, that made it extremely hard for me towards the end of the class. Certain positions made the burn so much worse in my throat and stomach it was awful!

Now I know it is going to be extremely hard and not cake and I'm not expecting it to be. I'm certainly not trying to say I can't either but that is one class that I need to be a little stronger for before I take again.

This morning at 7am Katie and I tried Spin Class for the first time and we both loved it! Now best believe I brought my Tums with me just in case! I loved the instructor she was so nice and helpful, she didn't take it easy on us she kicked our butts for sure but I didn't feel like I couldn't do it at all. It is definitely a class I will keep attending! After the class we told her how we couldn't keep up with the class last night because of the whole core thing and she recommended we take pilates to strengthen our core. 

8:30 AM Friday Pilates class here we come!

I will let you know how it goes, Thanks again for everyone's support :)

1 comment:

  1. Girl, I love you and I am really enjoying these posts. I am the same way. I want to do workout but dont seem to have the motivation. I do good for a few weeks and then I miss one day and never start back. I would love to go to a spin class. I cant afford one right now. I loved my kickboxing class I was taking. You should try it. It releases alot of stress. I am behind you one hundred percent of the way! Keep going and keep motivating me!

    ReplyDelete